Let's meet Linkedin!
Total Number of Monthly Active Linkedin Users:
• More than 70% of Linkedin users are from Outside the US.
• 90 million LinkedIn users are senior level influencers and 63 million are in decision-making positions.
• 40 million students and recent college graduates on LinkedIn.
• There are 57% of male users and 43% female users on Linkedin.
• After US, India, Brazil, Great Britain and Canada have the highest number of Linkedin users.
• 25% of Millenials (18-24 years old) use Linkedin.
• There are 87 million Millennials on LinkedIn with 11 million in decision-making positions.
• 28% of All Internet male users use Linkedin, whereas 27% of All Internet Female users use Linkedin.
• 49% of Linkedin users earn more than $75,000 in a year.
• 51% of US College Graduates use LinkedIn.
• 190 million workers in the US have Linkedin profiles.
• 11% of adults aged 18+ can be reached with adverts on Linkedin.
Linkedin Content Marketing
• LinkedIn is the #1 channel B2B marketers use to distribute content at 94%.
• Of 500 million users, just 3 million users share content weekly.
• LinkedIn makes up more than 50% of all social traffic to B2B websites & blogs.
• 91% of marketing executives list LinkedIn as the top place to find quality content.
• 92% of B2B marketers include LinkedIn in their digital marketing mix.
• Only 1 million users have published an article on LinkedIn.
• About 45% of LinkedIn article readers are in upper-level positions (managers, VPs, Directors, C-level).
• How-to & list posts perform the best on LinkedIn.
• Posts split into 5, 7, or 9 headings perform the best.
• Articles with titles between 40-49 characters perform the best on LinkedIn.
• Articles without video perform better than those with video.
• 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn vs. 13% on Twitter & 7% on Facebook.
• Microsoft paid $26.2 billion to buy LinkedIn.
• LinkedIn is projected to hit $6.4 billion in revenues for 2020.
• Linkedin generates $371,474 per employee.
• LinkedIn’s Q3 2020 revenue has increased by 27%.
• 41% of millionaires use LinkedIn.
• There are 50,000 skills listed on LinkedIn
• Top Soft Skill on LinkedIn is Creativity and top Hard Skill on LinkedIn is Cloud Computing.
• LinkedIn now has over 30 million companies on LinkedIn with 20 million open job listings.
• There are 90,000 schools listed on Linkedin.
• 27% of US Adults say they use LinkedIn.
• There are 100 million job applications on LinkedIn every month.
• An average user spends 17 minutes monthly on Linkedin.
• Motivated was the most overused word on Linkedin in 2014.
• 59% of Linkedin members have never worked at a company with more than 200 employees.
• There are 5.5 million accountants on LinkedIn.
• There are 3 million MBA graduates on LinkedIn.
• There are 6 million IT decision makers on LinkedIn.
• UK & India are the fastest growing markets on LinkedIn Messaging.
• There have been 11 billion endorsements on LinkedIn.
• The average CEO has 930 connections.
• The most overused profile word continues to be “Motivated” – which also topped 2014 and 2015.
• More than 90% of recruiters use LinkedIn regularly.
• LinkedIn SlideShare now has 80 million monthly active users.
• There are 17 million opinion leaders on LinkedIn.